Friday 7 September 2012


here are the results of my questionnaire in pie chart format so it is easier to digest

Gender


I tried to get an even mix of genders this even mix allows me to get a broader understanding of my target audience the range of genders allows me to target my audience without dis-including any possible audience members.

Age


Again with age I attempted to do a similar thing to what I did with gender but I tried to focus more on the ages of people that would go to see my film but I also branched out to secondary audience members this allows me to widen my target audience.

Have you ever seen any of the following films?


The aim of this question was to establish the film noirs the people I surveyed had seen this allows me to have an understanding of my interviewees understanding of my chosen film genres. The two most common films the people I interviewed had seen where LA Confidential and sin city these where both relatively new films this shows that people will still go and see film noirs.

If so what did you think of them?


This question allowed me to gain an understanding of the popularity of film noir in my target audience. From this I learnt that 90% of the people I surveyed gave a positive review of the film noir films they had seen. This tells me that the majority of people in my target audience would go to see a film noir if I marketed it using the genre of film noir.

Have you ever gone to see a film due to a successful trailer?



The aim of this was to see what sort of impact a good trailer can have on audiences. This shows me that 75%of the people I gave my questionnaire to said that they have been persuaded to go and see a film because its trailer was good this information I know how important my film trailer is.

What about it swayed you?



This questions aim was to give me information on what will make people go to see a film due to its trailer. With this information I will be able to determine what to put in my trailer thus giving me crucial information as to what to put in my trailer. The enigma code can be seen to be an integral part of what I will need to put in my trailer because 47% percent of the people I surveyed said that was what swayed them to watch the film.

What conventions do you expect to see in a film trailer?



The aim of this question was to gain an understanding of what my target audience expect to be in there film trailers. This gives me an understanding of what my audience expect to see in a film trailer. With this information I will be able to tailor my trailer to contain more conventions that my audience expect to see in my trailer.

Have you ever seen a film because of a magazine article?



This questions aim was to determine the effect magazine articles can have. This has shown me the gains of using a successful magazine opposed to a non-effective one. From this I have learnt that 80% of the people I had surveyed had been swayed due to a successful magazine front cover because it’s the cover what draws people in to buy the magazine. This shows me that if I can get the cover right I can get a larger audience to watch my film.

What about it swayed you?



This question allowed me to find out what people want to see on a film magazine front cover that would make them buy it and later go and see the film. The information from this will give me an idea of what makes a successful film magazine. The question revealed that of the people that said yes to the first question 19% went to see the film just because the front cover of the magazine was interesting  but 50% went to see it because the actor on the front. If I can use this would make my film look more desirable so the magazine front cover should focus on the main actor.

What do you expect to see on the front of a film magazine cover?



This question allowed me to gain an understanding of what the audience expect top see in my film trailer 

No comments:

Post a Comment