Friday 7 September 2012


Focus group research plan:

   To get research for my trailer, poster and film magazine I am going to do some more primary research to go along with my questionnaire that I am going to do. For this set of primary research I will use a focus group. The advantages of using a focus group will be that I will be able to understand the views of a microcosm of my target audience this will allow me to tweak my product to my specific target audience giving me some unique market research and a great understanding of what my audience want.
   To achieve all this I will create a series of questions for the focus group to answer this focus group will mainly focus on my film poster. I hope to be able to understand after this whether or my audience want a classic film noir poster like Double indemnity or if they would like a modern film noir poster like the Brick poster, or in fact if they would like a mix of the two styles as was shown the LA Confidential poster. This information will help me decide the key style in my film noir poster. I would also like to have an understanding of other smaller aspects my audience would like in my film noir poster.
   Once the questions are completed I will assemble a group of my target audience but a range of ages and genders this will allow me to have a microcosm of my audience giving me a wide range of feedback. The wide range will allow me to reach out to my target audience without missing any part of my target audience and stopping them wanting to watch the film.
   When I have completed the focus group interview I will format the data into pie charts so the information is easier to interact with. By putting the data in such a format I will be able to interact with it more effectively giving me a greater understanding of what my audience want. This will allow me to focus more on my audience’s needs and wants.

No comments:

Post a Comment