Thursday 14 June 2012

Intro


   Hello my name is Michael Kinsella and this is my media blog for my A2 coursework. For this course work project I am required to create 3 media texts for a new film. The texts I am required to make are a film trailer, a poster and a magazine cover. These 3 texts are required to link up through the use of synergy. Synergy is when different media texts link up through the likes of text, image or a specific logo.
   For my coursework I will be making a film noir. This is because film noir is an iconic genre with classic films such as The Maltese falcon and Double indemnity and more recently films like LA Confidential and brick and to a certain extent fight club could be called a film noir as well because it has the conventions of starting with the end and having a femme fatale in Tyler Durden. Another good reason for doing film noir is because film noir used to be used as “B” films which gave a change to the ridiculous monster movies that dominated the category “B” movies where cheap and easy to make, this is ideal for me because I do not have a major budget to make a sci-fi or anything like that I can only really afford to get a couple of props if that.
   I will start my project by doing some secondary research by evaluating other film noir posters, magazine articles and trailers this will give me an idea of what is successful in the genre, and this would help me in deciding what could go into my work. After that is completed I will go in to do some primary research of my own where I will use a combination of qualitive and quantative questions to get my results so I will know directly what my audience want.
   i have decided to call my film "decommissioned" because it will be about a police officer who becomes decommissioned and has to enact vigilante justice and stop the drug baron known only as "chief".

No comments:

Post a Comment